Thursday, February 11, 2010

Revolve 2010 The Complete New Testament

This "Biblezine" is an awesome devotional geared for girls 14-17.  I love the layout (magazine format), the fonts, colors, pictures and inserts.  I know we live in a "busy" era, so I think this format will be easy for teens to enjoy.  As I was reading through each page (all 283) I was a bit distracted (but isn't that the idea of most magazines).  I just hope the girls are not just reading the quizzes, make up tips, True or False, Fashion 4-1-1 (etc) but really getting to the "meat" of Revolve 2010 which is the New Testament.  It's New Century Version (NCV), a very easy to read translation.  The format is fun, fresh, but I hope the young readers do not just flip though.  I hope they use this tool to get in the Word and read The New Testament. I do enjoy all the fun stuff that was creatively put into this format.  The 365 Daily Devos, the Bios ("learn about interesting Bible characters and apply their expectations to your life"), Intros for each book in the NT, and my favorite is the "goodbook" which highlights several women in the Bible in the format of "Facebook".  In Revolve 2010, many books are reviewed, and kids from "The Word of Promise Next Generation New Testament audio youth edition" are also interviewed.  "Ask Jenna" is a great segment.  Jenna Lucado has proven herself as an awesome role model for young girls.  She is a speaker/writer that tours with Revolve Tour (more info at end of this review).  I would recommend any youth leader, mom, aunt, sister, daughter, or any person working with, living with and raising a teenage girl to purchase Revolve 2010. Revolve 2010 is full of tidbits I think young girls will love.  The running theme is 4Real.  And many articles discuss and encourage the reader to be REAL.  Lots of guy/dating tips from Chad Eastham, a Revolve Tour speaker.  For more information on the Revolve Tour go to RevolveTour.com or call 877-9-REVOLVE.  I write reviews for Nelson Publishing Company and received a free copy of Revolve 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment